AMADOR T. DAGUIO
AMADOR TAGUINOD DAGUIO
He was born almost eight January 1912 in Laoag, Ilocos septentrion.
One of ten honor teachers at U. P. In 1932
During the Japanese occupation, he joined the resistance and wrote poems in magic formula, later accumulated as Bataan harvest
He learned the craft of writing from Tom Inglis Moore, an Australian professor at U. P., And was especially grateful to A. V. H. Hartendorp of Philippine publication. �
He returned to show at his boyhood institution in lubuagan; in 1938 He educated at zamboanga normal college where he met his better half estela. They transferred to typical Leyte institution in 1941 before the ww2.
He was a bosom-friend of another copy writer in the resistance, Manuel At the. Arguilla. �
" The Wedding Dance" was first released in 1953 by Stanford University within an annual distribution of works by participants in their literary applications.
In 1954, he acquired his Rules degree from Romualdez Law College in Leyte.
In 1973, six years after his death, Daguio was conferred the Republic Cultural Traditions Award.
In 1952, this individual obtained his M. A. in The english language at Stanford U. as a Fulbright scholar. His thesis was a study and translation of Hudhud hi Aliguyon (Ifugao Pick Song).
He also educated for twenty-six years in the University of the East, U. P., and Philippine Can certainly University.
• LEAD GIRL CHARACTER OF THE STORY;
• WAS LEFT BY HER HUSBAND (AWIYAO) BECAUSE THE LADY CANNOT BEAR A CHILD. • BEST BALLERINA IN THEIR TRIBE AND MOST ENVIED BY WOMEN TO CAPTURE GENTS ATTENTION • SHE IS APPARENTLY INFERTILE AND HER THOUGHT INABILITY TO BEAR A CHILD TRIGGERS HER TO GET RID OF THE MAN SHE LOVES, HER HUSBAND.
• SHE SIGNIFIES WHAT A PROFOUND ATTACHMENT TO TRADITION COULD BRING TO A PERSON.
• HE LEFT LUMAY TO MARRY ANOTHER FEMALE.
• SUBMITS TO THE DICTATES OF TRADITIONS IN THE END
• -EMPHASIZES THE FUNCTION OF ANY WOMAN INSIDE THE SOCIETY, TO BEAR CHILDREN.
• HER CHARACTER SHOWS CONFORMITY TO TRADITIONS
CONFLICTS / ISSUES
• MAN VS SOCIETY
• CULTURE > LOVE
• SUPERIORITY OF CULTURE
• PROLIFERATION OF FAMILY
• MACHISMO TRADITION
• TAKE PLEASURE IN DOES NOT GET OVER ALL
• MARRIAGE IS DEFINITELY NOT FOR LIKE BUT FOR PR0-CREATION